Try this vegetarian take on a classic comfort food and feel full and satisfied – without the guilt. Beans provide a healthy dose of fiber and protein, ensuring that your hunger will be sated for longer.
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of vegetable broth
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- ¾ of a cup of water
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 cup of diced yellow onion
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. yellow cornmeal
- Using a big saucepan to fit all the ingredients, heat up the olive oil and sauté the garlic, onion, carrot, and pepper for about 3 min.
- When the vegetables begin to caramelize add water, beans, broth, tomatoes, celery, and spices.
- Stir ingredients together and bring the chili to a boil
- Once the chili is boiling reduce the heat and let it simmer for 8 min.
- After, stir in the cornmeal and simmer an additional 2 min.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro