Enjoy the flavors of the Mediterranean in this easy dish! Chock full of valuable vitamins and nutrients, it’s a great refreshing meal for the heat of the summertime.
- 1 cup of nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 cups of chopped skinless cooked chicken
- 1 diced cucumber
- ¼ cup of chopped pitted green olives
- ½ cup of diced red onion
- 3 diced Roma tomatoes
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of oregano
- 6-10 6” whole-wheat pitas
- Combine yogurt, lemon juice, cilantro, and oregano in a small bowl, set aside
- Toss tomatoes, onion, cucumber, olives, pepper, and chicken in a large bowl.
- Add yogurt mix to the chicken and vegetable mix.
- Stir it around until vegetables and chicken are all lightly coated with the yogurt mixture
- Cut pita in half and add about ½ cup of the chicken salad mixture to each side